![]() |
| The view from the tub! |
It was quite exciting to have gotten the plumbing going last November. Even though where there were a few good windy days, we were so busy it wasn’t possible to get out for a session after the plumbing was functional at the new Launch Pad building.
I did some winter winging in February and enjoyed my first ever winter bath!
Today however, was my first day of the 2026 water season at the Launch Pad. A solid south east 20 knot wind had brought some showers. I spent the morning working on new buoys to help with navigating the river.
I pumped up 6m and 5m Duotone Unit wings. The 138 North Prime WeCANfoil board with the 2100 foil beneath seemed to be the right call to help me keep from falling into the 10c water.
It was 8c so I was glad to have found my 5/4 wetsuit in the old cottage and some good booties.
I was feeling a little bit nervous after my minor rib bruise in Hatteras but was pretty comfortable after one little wobble while working my way upwind. After that it was 39 foiling jibes in 40 minutes.
And then a nice warm bath admiring the windswept trees. Already excited for getting more projects completed and more time on the water.
| View of the island and wind from the front deck |

Smiling ear to ear for you Carl!!!! Bliss.
ReplyDelete