Friday, September 23, 2022

Super Friday Foil Session

Len came out with me to check out the wind. Initially he wanted to go windfoiling which he has done several times now. I convinced him to try wing foiling and he is officially my first student - full blog post at www.launchpadwindsurfacademy.ca/post/len-and-my-first-wing-foil-lesson 

After Len was successfully staying upwind on the wingfoil I got out on my Slick 5.0 wing and Fanatic Sky 125 foilboard. I had a fantastic session doing my first ever jumps:



Len eventually came in and switched for the 4.8 Idol and Techno 148 with the Slingshot 76 foil. 


























Nephew Jonathan and niece Vanessa were out in the Invitation sailboat. The harbour was full of colourful sailing craft making the most of a 15c 15 knot SW wind.

Phillip took all the many amazing photos above - thanks Phil. What a great day.


Cautious first part of the session without many falls
Then I realized this might be my last session for many weeks
And definitely my last warm session in Canada this year!

Looks like this might be my last day on the water for several weeks as we head to Europe for a conference and some family visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers